Thursday, December 7, 2006

Sorrow......

I am really feeling for the Kim family. This family of four set out on a road trip from the Bay Area to Oregon for Thanksgiving. When James Kim didn't show up for work on Monday, authorities began searching for the family. Police found the mother and her two daughters safe in the car. The mom had breast fed the girls to keep them hydrated and fed. After 9 days in the car, James Kim (the father) set out on foot wearing only the clothes on his back to search for help. They had taken a wrong turn on got stranded in a blizzard on a road that rarely gets plowed.

Yesterday the body of James Kim was found in a creek about a half mile from the car. I can't imagine what that news must have felt like to his wife and children who are still recovering. I rarely watch the news on TV, but yesterday I happened to catch it. My eyes welled up with tears upon hearing the news that James Kim was found dead. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, their 2 daughters and their families. This holiday season will be difficult for them.

No comments: