Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Nothing much

I don't really have a subject in mind but felt like blogging anyway. Let's see what I can come up with....

I finished "The Power of One" and loved it. Slow start but a real page turner after you are about 1/3 of the way in. Now I'm reading "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris. Funny but not as good as I expected. I'll be done with that by the end of the week. Next in line is "The Feminine Mystique" I'm a little afraid to begin this one. I really don't consider myself a feminist and I heard that this book started quite the feminist buzz back in the day. More on that later.

My daughter is now full-on walking. She took her first steps about 2 weeks ago but just yesterday began walking all over the kitchen and living room without being coaxed to do so. A bit clumsy which scares the shit out of me since our kitchen has travertine floors. She is working on tooth #s 11 and 12 (lower molars) and has her first dentist apt. next week! She is suddenly picking up more signs which is fun. She even does the "poop" sign made popular by "Meet the Fockers"!!!!

On the subject of baby #2 I am very schizophrenic. One day I'll think 'I can do this' and the next day I think 'there is no f'in way'. I'm taking this to mean that I am just not ready but I don't want to wait too long. I'm kinda tired of people saying "You're young, people have babies at 40 or older all the time". Well good for them - but I don't want to have babies when I'm older. I love big families and wish I had it in me to have 5 or 6 kids. How fun would that be when they are grown and have their own kids? I love the idea of that - now if I could just get my head around having and raising 4 or 5 more, I could have it all!

We have dinner plans every night from here on out until January 2. Tomorrow night we are hosting my old co-workers for a potluck. This generally turns into some heated (but great) political debates. I am a liberal republican and my husband is a conservative republican. Our guests are mostly bleeding heart liberal democrats so you can imagine what it's like. I don't contribute much - I prefer to sit back and be entertained. At least we'll have lots of good food!!

Okay - last thing: New Year's Resolutions!!
1) I have already started this one - I am only having ONE soda a week and it has to be at a restaurant since I don't keep it at home. If we don't go out then I don't have one. For some reason I love soda. It's evil I tell you. EVIL. I crave that burn in my throat with each gulp. I can feel it now. I would like to give it up all together but I want to be realistic and set myself up not to fail.

2) Yoga 2-3 times a week. I have the DVD so I can do it between my daughters naps. This is going to be tough.

3) I'm going to work on how I speak to my husband. I notice sometimes it's with a short tone and I don't like it. I have already begun this one as well and I think it makes a huge difference. Marriage is tough - but you get out what you put in and the rewards are infinite. Scientists say that married couples live longer, healthier lives. Who wouldn't want that?

That's all for now - but I'll think of more. I know resolutions are kind of silly but I'm looking forward to keeping mine. I like having goals.

1 comment:

jujubug said...

nice entry :) how exciting that you baby is walking!!! cool!

I find it totally interesting that you're a liberal republican and your husband is conservative - that's kind of what Ryan and I are like... very similar.

ooh - sodas... yes, what is it about that burn down my throat that I love so much too? I swear I can easily be addicted to coca cola if I didn't fight the urge - I allow myself a mini can or two of sierra mist on the weekends... I seem to get a sugar high/headache afterwards though :(

so true - about working on our marriages - its constant work - and like seasons we have easy times and tough times - there's a constant ebb and flow.

I hope all else is going well!
*sending love and hugs*