Thursday, February 1, 2007

Stuff

I just found out one of my good friends and his wife are having a GIRL! Yay for them! Of course, as a dad, he is flipping out and fast-forwarding to her first date.

One of the things I enjoy doing when my daughter is asleep for the night and my husband is away for the night is watching TLC. A couple of nights ago I saw two shows that blew my mind. One was called something like "I eat 33,000 calories a day" which of course sparked my interest. They chronicled the lives of 4 people who are morbidly obese and are (obviously) addicted to food. One man who weighed 700lb (no, I'm not kidding) had been in bed (literally) for 10 YEARS! His family cooks all his meals for him AND he orders take-out in the middle of the night and lowers the money down in a bucket (he lives on the 5th floor) while the delivery person sends up the food. He eats an average of 14,500 calories per day. They listed his daily foods and it was things like 8 steaks, 6 fried eggs, 16 chocolate bars, 3 plates of fried rice, 4 bowls of french fries, 10 bags of potato chips. HOLY SHIT! GROSS. It's sad because he is too fat to exercise so he is basically eating himself to death.

The other show (don't know the name) was about a family with 12 kids. Wow. All home-schooled. Crazy. I secretly envy these parents as I think it would be so cool to have that many kids. I just have to settle for how ever many I have - but trust me, it won't be 12.

Yesterday was a rough one. My daughter had not one but two bouts of explosive diarrhea that smelled SO bad and got everywhere (my jeans, sweater, wrist, her thighs, her pants, her sweater, our carpet, her changing pad) and just before her 2nd explosion, I got a migraine. I fed her dinner, bathed her, put her to bed then I went straight to bed at 7:30pm. Husband came home at 10:45pm and I was out of it. Ugh.

1 comment:

jujubug said...

yayyy for your friends and their baby girl! how exciting :)

I'm sorry about your rough day yesterday - oh man - not one, but TWO bouts of explosive diarrhea?? wow. just wow. do you guys know what caused it? and is it common for babies? I need to know so I can prepare myself!! *eeekkk!*