Friday, January 12, 2007

Naps & Gagging

I think daughter is transitioning to one nap. I know I've said this before but this time I think it's really happening. I need to adjust it back a bit though. She is now going down around 10:30 and waking at 1:30ish. From 1:30pm to 7:30pm (bedtime) is kind of a long time for a 14-month old (today is her official 14 month birthday)!

So, I cancelled her oral surgeon consult and got her one with an ENT (ear, nose, throat doc). In my research I've found they are the ones who do it most although it is such a simple thing that dentists even do it. Little miss butt-head from daughter's dentist office pissed me off though so I'm not even going to ask them. Hmmphf. My mom sent me a doctor's slide-show on some of his before and after patients who had the surgery. Interesting. One of the side-effects of not having the surgery is painful breastfeeding for mom (HELLO -wish someone would have checked daughter for this earlier), bed wetting once potty-trained (no idea why), speech impediments, self-esteem issues (duh), and digestion problems (apparently it affects swallowing). The doc stresses that while it is such a simple and common procedure, the benefits are HUGE! To bad this doc is in Kansas City. The doc I found was on the "country's best doc" list so I'm happy with my choice. Please pray, send good vibes, meditate, chant or whatever you do for an easy procedure. Consult is Jan. 9. Gonna be harder on me no doubt.

Now I have a VERY strong stomach. Almost NOTHING makes me feel ill or gag and it is hard to gross me out (at least with the usual things) but lately my daughters diapers have been really bad. I did almost gag on one of them. I don't know what it is! I always dump the crap in the toilet and then throw the diaper away to eliminate smell in the house and let me tell you the walk to the bathroom with said diaper in hand was so difficult. Doesn't help when you can feel the warmth of the fresh crap on your hand coming through the diaper. Isn't that lovely?
One thing that completely grosses me out is bad breath. I know we all have it sometimes but the psychiatrist I used to work for - oh lordy - it was BAD. Smelled like a combo of moth balls, dog shit, coffee, and cigarettes (he didn't even smoke!). This would not have been a problem except that he was one of those breathy speakers. You know how some people just breathe all over you when they talk? He was such a great guy though so that made it even more difficult to hide my disgust during our meetings at work. During the early part of my pregnancy, meeting with him with a queasy stomach was too much.

Okay, she's awake - back to mommyhood! :)

1 comment:

jujubug said...

oh this post is awesome :)I really enjoyed reading it and all your interesting stories!

Yea - I wouldn't return to that dentist's office if I were you either. Hmph! screw that mean biotch! haha

wow - the diaper story is something else... I can just imagine ryan trying to help me and change a diaper and passing out in the process. I heard that babies diapers don't smell too bad when they are on a milk diet - but the moment they start eating solids - they become toxic... is there ant truth to that??

speaking of bad breath - lately my breath has been totally rank!! hahaha - sorry, I don't mean to disgust you - but it seems like it has something to do with my pregnancy... so weird. Ryan keeps looking at me and says - have you been munching on cat turds? lol - what a butt head.

anyways, good luck on baby's appointment! I'm sure things will work out great! *sending positive vibes*