Thursday, January 25, 2007

Dinner Tonight

Panko crusted halibut with serrano aioli
Parmesan, olive oil and roasted garlic oven fries
Sauteed zucchini with garlic

Wow. It was excellent. The recipe is from Cooking Light magazine. The halibut is actually supposed to be "cornflake crusted" but I could not for the life of me find just plain ol' corn flakes at the store. I always have panko on hand at home (they are Japanese style bread crumbs). I overcooked the halibut slightly which does not surprise me as I do this often. I rarely cook fish and am always paranoid to under cook it. I know, that is nearly impossible. I'm learning.

My fingers are burning like crazy. Apparently the oils from the serrano chilies have leaked into my skin. I washed my hands about 3 times really well, but it still burns.

I highly recommend this meal and the best part is from start to finish it is only 30 minutes! My kind of meal. My goal is to make one new recipe a week to build a larger repertoire of weekly meals. I've realized I spend all this money on foodie magazines but don't try new recipes as often I'd like. When I make something gross I'll post that too. Trust me, it isn't so rare!

No comments: