Tuesday, April 17, 2007

AAAAHHH.....

Husband in London. Daughter in bed for the night. Brownies cooking in the oven. Just got out of the shower. Dishwasher loaded. Living room clean. Life is good.

Life is not good, however, for the victims of the Virginia Tech shooting, their families and friends. I just can't imagine the horror those students must have felt seeing such a horrific scene. No place is safe for our children anymore. Post offices, elementary schools, high schools, colleges and even McDonald's has seen massacres. It's disgusting, terrifying and so, so sad. Even though most of the time I'm glad to be living in our day and age, when I hear of things like this, I wish I were raising my children in the 1950's.

I've recently decided that I watch WAY TOO MUCH television. When this season of shows are over, I am only going to watch the shows that I can't live without. Those include The Amazing Race, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations and So You Think You Can Dance.

And yes, I still want another child. It's been a whole week of me feeling this way so this time (my husband hopes) the feeling just might stick!

No comments: