Thursday, April 30, 2009

Clueless

Let me just give you a few examples of how clueless I am when it comes to motherhood.

When K was about 2 months old, I started to meet with a mom's group. They were/are a great group of gals. When our babies were about 3 months old, I noticed a lot of them were putting pants on their kids. Pants? Funny how it never occurred to me to put pants OVER the onesies. Even when it was cold.

At around 5 months, I noticed many of the moms putting bibs on the kids. Well, I thought that was just weird since they were not eating solids yet - we were all still breastfeeding. How silly these moms are! Almost in the same breath, I thought, gosh I wish there was a way to soak up all this drool. HELLO????!!!

I always use to marvel at all the fun little toys the moms would whip out of their diaper bags to entertain their kids. Do ya think it ever occurred to MOI to actually BUY toys for my own child? Nah......

Now, K is almost 3.5 years old and I think I've got this down pretty good. But then again, that will probably all change by tomorrow.

1 comment:

Laura Lee said...

We were out in the sun for a while yesterday and I didn't apply enough sunscreen to Bub's arms and face. He was wearing a little cap, but not a full sun hat. He's got a streaky burn on his arms and hands, his little ears are burned and his cheeks are pink and puffy. I will be accepting the worst mother of the year award on the 11 o'clock news tonight. Be sure to tune in and have vegetables ready to throw at me on the monitor.
I like your blog. :)