Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Here I am!

Well this has been the longest blog hiatus yet. I'm not sure why I have not blogged but then again, nothing major has happened either. Maybe that's why - most things seem trivial to write about. I'm not sure why I care since I'm like one of three people who actually read this. Okay, no one cares.

My daughter is going to be 2 years old next month. Where does the time go? We are having a small party (family mostly) for her and then comes the task of potty training and weaning her off her pacifier during sleep. Ugh. I REALLY hope it's quick and painless (the pacifier weaning that is - I have more realistic expectations of potty training). She's finally saying words and even a few short sentences. It is crazy to witness language development in a toddler. She's also getting quite good at using a fork or spoon to eat, drinking from a normal cup and jumping. What's next?

On the home front we have 2 new plants/trees: bougainvillea and a Hong Kong Orchid tree both of which are really going to look awesome once they bloom. We have also bought a new dishwasher and I'm LOVING it. It cleans great and is very quiet. The only complaint is that often the dishes are wet when the cycle is done. I've read that since it is an energy saver model, this is common. There could be worse things......like dirty dishes at the end of the cycle!

As for me, I've been dancing again for about a month now. I wish I could say it's going great and I love it but I would be lying. My muscle memory isn't coming back as fast as I'd like it to. Most of the time I feel like a huge, off-balance, fat, ugly ogre for most of the 2 hours of coaching I'm doing. Doesn't that sound awesome? I'm sticking to it because I know it will get better. I'm planning on going back to yoga (really this time) to help strengthen my non-existent core muscles. Regardless, it has been nice to get out of the house alone and do something that is just for me. I should have done this long ago as my husband kept telling me - but I'm very stubborn. He is patient with me, God bless him for that.

I'm going to write more later but now I must give my daughter a bath.

1 comment:

jujubug said...

Ahhh! So good to see you back!! yay for your new dishwasher! Mine is an energy save model as well - and seems to do the same - wet dishes - although its usually just the top rack items... it beats dirty dishes - or worse yet - hand washing... haha

Wow! Dancing? that's awesome - I"m assuming samba? or do you dance many other styles? it must be fun! are you going to get your baby into dancing when she is older? I bet she would love it :)